Friday, December 23, 2011

Sweet Covers Saturday!

There seems to be stuff 4 every other day of the week, so, I'm throwing in my own. Sweet covers for new, or at least new for me (being a bibliophile, I tend to get books, books, and books 4 Christmas).
So today, I'm going with Christmas presents, things I HOPE are Christmas presents, the sequel of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Obsidian, and a coupla books I can't wait to get or come out! I think Jen may be my new favorite author. Aliens and Angels, some of my favorite non-human character species!








1. Entwined: Just bought with a GC from my Grandparents. Re-telling of the 12 Dancing Princesses, seems to be going in the dark style of the Grimms and other original Fairy tales. But I love the ballgown, the maze, it's great. And I adore the vines & flowers around the edges!


2. Onyx: Just bought Obsidian with that same GC, and, I love what I've read so far. Can't wait to finish, to read more of Jen, and for Onyx to come out! Cover's great, and I especially dig that the cover models are the same as Obsidian!


3. Crossed: Can't wait for this one! Suspect (I'm such a snoop, I grope the presents), and HOPE that I'm getting this on the 25th. Love the bubbles on the covers of the trilogy, with the trapped look on Matched and the breaking-free look on Crossed. So excited for this, the third in the trilogy, and the movie, which I hear Disney's picked up!


4. Iron Knight: My totally awesome sibs got me this for Christmas! The Iron Fey have all the good elements of my fave books: romance, action, magic, love triangles, and that touch of darkness that I love, love, love! I've pictured Ash for awhile, and I must say I prefer ths pic to my imaginings, and the model they picked is so, so cute. Love it!


5. Unleashed: Just found out about this, and I LOVE it! Human & Werewolf dating, yay! I do believe that the girl's supposed to be human, but I love the pose that's more like a Werewolf than human, staring up at the moon.


6. Illuminated: Sounded so, so awesome! And I adore the cover, with the light edging everything. Makes it look like they're more than human even though it doesn't seem that they actually are. Made me think of Obsidian and Half-Blood with the Lux glow and the covers in light on the Covenant covers. Beautiful.


7. Everneath: Looks to be another Persephone retelling! Love, love, love the myth and can't wait to read this. Went to buy this as soon as I saw it, and put it on my wishlist when I saw it wasn't out yet. Love the flowy gown & the mist. It's so ethereal and pretty, perfect for the Persephone myth!


8. Half-Blood: Since I brought it up, it's only fair to show off! This is the first of Jennifer's L. Armentrout's Covenant series, involving Angels and Nephilim and their inner relations. The flower'd be pretty by itself, but all purple and illuminated, it's gorgeous! It's what first caught my eye, but I think I'll love the storyline too, as soon as I get my hands on a copy!


9. Every Other Day: Love Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Golden and Tattoo are excellent. But I love the idea, that she's basically got a spliet personality or soul that forces her to demon-hunt after every twenty-four hours as a human for a full day. And the cover! An hourglass running with blood. Kewl, even if it is a little creepy. But, I'm one that likes that hint of darkness to a story. Can't wait for it to come out so I can read it!


Until next Saturday, Happy Readings!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment