Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So, fully intended to start up on the Iron Fey or Wicked Lovely this week. Unfortunately, as often happens, I got distracted by something else. In this case, I was on Amazon and the Clockwork Prince came up in my recommendations. Which reminded me that I have City of Bones on my eReader, not glanced over more than the Shakespeare quotation at the beginning that I'm certain the series title came from. Looked it over again and started reading last night with the intention of reading a chapter or two before I went to bed.

Didn't work out so well. The story is so fast-paced and fascinating that even the chapter divisions speed by once you've started. And with so many twists and turns, my normal sense that allows me to guess events way in advance became much more inaccurate than it's been since I started reading on my own. Utterly fascinated, I scrimped on sleep last night and normal functions for today, and have just completed the first of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. Unfortunately, this means a lot of work for me now.

It gave me plenty of excellent ideas for a new story, which has rattled around in my head since the very moment that I started thinking about the series yesterday. I have to go purchase the rest of this enthralling series, as I can't wait to find out what happens next. And then I have to wait for them to ship to me. Which will be as excruiatingly long as the wait for Christmas, even if the actual wait isn't that long.

On the plus side again, I have another fantastic fictional guy to add to my dream list of spending time with. Yay for Jace!
Happy readings!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment