Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More Teasers

Since it's my first Teaser Tuesday, I'm going to inclue a blurb from a handful of my soon-to-be reads. Just for fun. Enjoy!

The Fairy Godmother: 500 Kingdoms 1 by Mercedes Lackey
When her Father had remarried and brought home his bride and her two daughters, the first thing that Delphinium had done was to claim Elena's room. Daphne had taken the next-best chamber, and Madame had made over the remaining rooms into sitting rooms for the three of them, expect for the one that went to her very superior Lady's Maid. Elena had taken a little garet room at the top of the stairs; at least, with the chimney running through the middle of it, it was warm in the winter.

The Iron King: Iron Fey 1 by Julie Kagawa
"He won't lead us into a trap," I snapped at Puck, who blinked at me. "He promised to help us find the Iron King. He'd be breaking his word if he handed us over to Mab. Right, Ash?"
Ash looked uncomfortable, but nodded.
"Right," I repeated, forcing a bravado I didn't feel. I hoped Ash wouldn't betray us, but, as I'd learned, deals with Fairies tended to bite you in the ass.

Obsidian: Lux 1 by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My back was to the stranger for only a few seconds when I felt a rush of chilly air stir the hair at the back of my neck. Adrenaline coursed through my veins, sending my heart slamming against my ribs and painful tendrils of fear burrowing through my stomach.
"Humans are so stupid, so gullible." His voice was as cold as the wind on my neck.

Matched: Matched Trilogy 1 by Ally Condie
It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures.
There is a system of course, to the Matching. In City Halls across the country, all filled with people, the Matches are announced in alphabetcal order according to the girls' last names. I feel slightly sorry for the boys, who have no idea when their names will be called, when they must stand for girls in other City Halls to receive them as Matches. Since my last name is Reyes, I will be somewhere at the end of the middle. The beginning of the end.

Entwined by Heather Dixon
The entire case fell in an arc and smashed against the floor.
Glass exploded. Someone cried out. The sword skittered across the floor and came to a rest beneath one of the forbidden sofas. A sick, panicked feeling erupted throughout Azalea. Her mind shrieked. She fled to the sofa, knelt, and grasped for the sword.
Though dented, pockmarked, and mottled as always, it was unharmed. Azalea nearly fainted with relief. She placed it gently---ever so gently---on the sofa.
Happy readings!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment