Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wendesday

Now, I realize that last week, like most Waiting-on-Wendsday posts I've seen, I did a handful of books I'm wait to come out. But this week, I'm so psyched about having spent my Christmas money, all I can focus on waiting for are the ones I have coming in the mail. So, here are some of my eagerly-awaited Christmas spoils! And because I love not only reading in general, but also most of these authors, and the beau-ti-ful covers, and anyone brilliant enough out there to have chosen to read and/or follow my blog, I'm including Teasers for each of these books I'm so excited to get my hands on.





1. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout:

"I understand, but her behavior before the incident with her Mother cannot be erased. This is a school, not a daycare center. I do not have the time or the energy to keep an eye on her. I cannot have her running wild through these halls and influencing the other students."

I rolled my eyes. He made me sound like a cunning criminal about to bring down the entire Covenant...


2. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young:

I hear an echo as sound hums its way into my ears. It's a heavy noise, reverberating as it gets louder. Louder. Louder--I'm afraid my head will burst from the vibration, and finally my eyes flutter open and it stops.

I see sky above me--blue and cloudless...


3. Illuminated by Erica Orloff:

I had another dream...-A.

Like the breath of a ghost against an icy window, the scrawl whispered to us across the centuries.

"Even a book has its secrets. Come on, then, tell us more...


4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi:

Raindrops are my only reminder that the clouds have a heart-beat. That I have one, too.

I always wonder about raindrops....


5. Fury by Elizabeth Miles:

In a flash she realized she couldn't take it back.

Her lungs were being squeezed to pinpricks. She couldn't breathe. Ice swirled around her, terror radiating through her body.

She clawed at nothingness.

She screamed...


6. Falling Under by Gwen Hayes:

His eyes, scared and imploring, told of a darkness and agony I couldn't begin to understand.

I leaned further into the window, the glass surprisingly warm from his brush past it. Like I touched a trace of him. As he completed his unhurried, torturous descent to the lawn, he kept his gaze locked on mine. Beseeching me for something I couldn't give...



Happy Readings!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment