Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Tens of 2011 post2

More top ten action! I did a top ten of my all-time favorite fictional guys in December, but this time I'm doing a 2011 top-ten book boyfriends. And top-ten bad boys, misunderstood or not (though the misunderstood ARE my fave!)
Book Boyfriends of the year:
1. Daemon from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Obsidian.
2. Jace from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series.
3. Nash from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers.
4. Anatol & Gregorio from Anya Bast's Jewelled. (I know, two, but they're kinda a pair).
5. Adam from L.J. Smith's The Secret Circle.
6. Jon Snow from George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice & Fire Saga. (Those who liked the books but didn't see the show: WATCH IT. It's brilliantly done & cast. I was finishing book one through the season, and the voices matched so well!).
7. Zach from Nancy Werlin's Impossible.
8. Ky from Ally Condie's Matched.
9. Ash from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.
10. Po from Kristin Cashore's Graceling.

As for my favorite yummy bad boys, here they (there will of course be some overlap) are:
1. Ash from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.
2. Nick form L.J. Smith's The Secret Circle.
3. Julien from L.J. Smith's The Forbidden Game.
4. Ky from Ally Condie's Matched. (He's not exactly a bad-boy, but he's definately a rebel, and that's enough for me!)
5. Jace from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. (Again, not exactly a bad boy, but definately a badass, and of Clary's love interests, as far as the 1st book, he IS the bad one).
6. Gabriel from L.J. Smith's Dark Visions. (One of those misunderstood bad-boys, which I love, love, love. And yes, this is the fourth L.J. Smith boy on these lists. I can't help it. Her boys, good and bad, are so cute!)
7. Nash from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers. (Again, misunderstood bad-boy. He sure comes off as one so far, though clearly he's not rotten through.)
8. Murtagh from Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Saga. (Clearly misunderstood and forced to be bad, but he does good and bad so well in equal measure!)
9. Romeo Marescotti from Anne Fortier's Juliet. (Mysterious. Bad-boy. Romantic. He's got it all!)
10. Tyrion Lannister from George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. (Not exactly my type, but I love, love, love the character! Classic misunderstood bad boy, one of my favorite reads! I literally went through the 1st book check for his, Jon's, and Dany's chapters, because they were my faves!)

Again, I reserve the right to edit my decisions at any time, extend lists, and I say again, that these are in no particular order and limited to what/who I can think of just now. I'm sure I've missed one or two of my favorite boys that I'll want to work in later.
Happy Readings!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment